Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Wine that I am Drinking

For those of you who think all I do when I come home is sit on the couch with one hand in my pants and another around a big glass of deep, meaty, dry, red wine.

Well poo on you. Sometimes I drink white wine.


A few weeks ago I told you about the Pinot Noir I had from Cloudline. Yesterday when I was at the wine shop I saw this beauty, the Cloudline Pinot Gris (2006), sitting in the cold case next to the champagne. I wasn't going to buy it, it was $20 and out of my price range. "Never mind, some other day maybe," I said thinking that maybe with payday coming I would splurge then.

"It's our last one, and we're not carrying it anymore."

BASTARDS

It is delicious! It's the color of corn silk and tastes of musky flowers. Not dry, but not sweet either. It makes your Chardonnay look like a primitive fish with legs. I had it tonight with some red curry and a Manhattan maki.

I also wanted to give you a heads up on a new feature that Wingal has berated me in to doing. We had a good laugh at how lame the top 5 songs in the "Top 25 Most Played" play list on my iTunes were (read: Wingal called me a loser for 15 minutes while struggling to breath as she fell off her futon laughing at the songs). So tomorrow when I get home, I'll sync my ipod and give you the list of the top five songs that prove just how lame I am. Please feel free to list your top 5 most oft listened to songs as well. Hopefully your lists will give me some new songs to listen too and I'll finally be cool.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I hate when wine stores do that! "Oh, this is my last case and this is the last bottle." But don't you notice that the last bottle is always the best? What's up with that?