Saturday, May 02, 2009

2009 Kentucky Derby

While I finish getting dressed for the 135 running of the Kentucky Derby and the help finished making the canapés and pitchers of mint juleps (Merle's rule: no G&T's until Mother's Day - it's like the no white pants after Labor Day thing), I need to make my final picks for Show, Place, & Win.

Since the passing of my betting partner, Bob (he picked the Wins 4 yrs in a row, including the long shot Go to Gin) I have occasionally placed my bets on name alone.  That paid off last year with "Big Brown," but I'm not being grabbed by "Papa Clem" or "Mine That Bird," or "Advice." "Friesan Fire" is a maybe, but the jockey's jersey is boring though he has some of the better odds (13/2) in the pack.  "Desert Party" looks good too; he's from the UAE and owned by Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum, the United Arab Emirates Vice President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai. And at 20/1 the pay out would be nice.

LOL!  Listen to me!  This is hysterical!  Really I'll maybe bet $5 and I'll be standing on the couch yelling with a beer in my hand and a whole different kind of vagina hat on my head.



1 comment:

Wingal said...

Nice hat(s).

I want to have a VAgina hat party after I move. Get it? VA-gina?! I'm so freakin' clever...