Thursday, December 07, 2006

Flipper, Merlin, and Satan

I really don't want to be the one who keeps posting here, but I just ran across some of the most facinating trivia and I thought I would share it with all of you.

First of all did you know that the original dolphin Mitzie who played "flipper" in the movie got paid $1 per day? I find it really interesting that they paid HER since there was no internet and she couldn't exactly walk into a grocery store and buy some...I don't know...fish? This is particularly interesting as I think the fisherman owner of Mitzie was also paid. This bring up a question I have...can a dolphin have a bank account? Why a dollar a day? And what would a dolphin shop for if she were able to? I'm going with a shark gun on that last one.

Second of all, I found another Medieval Musical: "Merlin" oh yes, 1983 at it's finest. It includes a black panther that gets turned into a girl and a fabulous song "Satan Rules". So now we have a choice for medieval congress: "Dragons the Musical" or "Merlin the Musical". I wonder if we could perform both? I really wish you all could see the BeeGee'sesque Merlin on the cover of the book! It's precious. Simply precious.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! I needed that!! I haven't posted, as much as I wanted to today b/c I'm sure none of you wants to hear about why I'm the smartest person here.