Monday, August 11, 2008

The Wine I am (and have been for the last month) Drinking.

I have been drinking quite a bit of wine lately. I don't know if it is because I have been noticing it more because I want to post it and tell you all about it, or if it's because I'm a lush. . .


Ch. d'Oupia Heretiques Vin de Pays 2006 ($9) also known as the Swain House Wine, is wonderful. We try to always have at least one (or two as the picture shows) in the house. It's a nice full bodied red that tastes of blackberries and anise.

I was in NY for a few days at the end of July and was able to get some of that tasty NY wine (Thanks Dad!!).


Dirty Parrot! In a tumbler no less! So good, and delicious with these beauties:


And wonderful Dad of mine bought me a bottle of Heron Hill's Eclipse ($16).


Did we taste this while we were at the winery? Whatever, it was great. So dark and lush, but not to dry and tart to ward off people who don't like red wines for those reasons.

One last thing before I sign off for the night. We have recently discovered that Mooch loves wine. He had a little of TheLarry's finger one night and now knows what a wine glass is and what is in one. He will actually crawl across someones lap to get to a raised glass. His favorite so far?


Bully Hill's Pinot Noir. Mooch says, "it's a delightful red, very light on it's feet with a slight peppery aftertaste. It goes very well with with floor fuzz and carrots."






3 comments:

Jenny said...

Is Mooch going to be providing wine tips from now on too? Because that would be awesome. I'd try anything that brings out the flavor of floor fluzz.

boobarella said...

Pea says "pabst"

Wingal said...

I love you...