Friday, March 13, 2009

My new favorite wine...is me.


Such a beautiful night here. The moon is almost full and the lake is dead calm. Not to cold out but you can smell the fireplaces (yes the city does have a few if you can believe it). A cool night like this calls for a sexy wine and this is my new favorite.

A new house wine maybe? Very simply, it's called Monastrell No1 2007 ($12) and it is 100% Monastrell from the Valencia region in Spain. It is a beautiful garnet color with a deep purple ring and a dark moody taste like me. There's plums and coffee and black berries. It's a full bodied and kinda complicated wine.

Holy crap, it's the wine version of me.

There were only 1500 cases made for U.S. comsumption, so get it before you find it taken by that old guy in the english department who has a prediliction for young women..err, umm I mean young wines.

So if you were a wine, what would you be?

No comments: